Tuesday, January 16, 2007

On Mormonism

So, in case you didn't gather from my last post, I'm Mormon. It is simply put, the most amazing religion on the face of the planet. Every thing I learn about it, everything that I come to know makes me so glad to be a member of it.

So, I sinned, once upon a time. Okay, let me rephrase that. I sinned serioulsy once upon a time. It wasn't too long ago, but it wasn't recently at the same time. I learned a lot from it, more than anything that serious sin is not fun. It may seem fun while you are doing it, but even then its not. I'm telling you this because it is relevant. I went and confessed to my bishop tonight. I feel SO much better, its unreal. I started last week, and we had a follow up this week and another next week and we'll go from there. My bishop is such a caring and understanding man, and I've known him for about a week. I love that in this church, the Bishops are really called from God. It amazes me that both the wards I've been in here have had such loving bishops. Anyways, to make a long story short, I feel so much better! It really used to bug me that I had to confess my sins to someone else, but it makes sense now. You should be close enough with God that you don't HAVE to confess because you feel that you are forgiven when you ask for it, but you should also be close enough with God to know that he commands us to do things for a reason, and that reason is that your bishop needs to know what is going on in your life in order to best serve you. Bishop never condemned, he never said I was a bad person. Just the opposite. He said that if anything, Christ loves me for for getting everything off my chest and out in the open. The only hard thing is that only one person knows that I confessed out of my friends, and its my friend B who has to confess some stuff too. Not even my roomate knows what I'm doing, nor does she know any of the reasons why I would need to confess. Roomie is SO awesome. I feel so happy that we got assigned to eachother, because she has become such a great friend and example to me these past few months.

Anyways, its late. Imma get to bed.

Hugs and Kisses
-Sab

No comments: